User manual and frequently asked questions NUTRICOOK 8L INOX
Preserves up to 2X as much vitamine C*
Nutricook, the fittest of the fittest!
With its 4 ingenious cooking modes, preserve the nutritious qualities of your ingredients. Compared with a TEFAL pressure cooker, save up to twice as much of your vegetables C vitamins and gain up to 25% of more Omega 3 when cooking fish. It also favours slow-absorption carbohydrate like in potatoes to keep you healthy. It even cooks faster while preserving the same amount of B6 vitamins compared to a traditional Tefal oven.
The app is no longer compatible on Android versions 4.4.4 or lower, because of reinforced data security.
As far as possible, we recommend that you update your device to a higher Android version or use another compatible device.
Updates will not only allow you to enjoy a richer experience with new features and compatibility with the latest technology, but will also protect you against possible security vulnerabilities that have been fixed in the latest versions.
The Pressure Cooker can be opened when it has cooled down and when the internal pressure has been reduced (when the locking indicator pin or pressure indicator (depending on models) has gone down completely).
You can use the pressure cooker to steam cook. It is a high quality method of cooking vegetables for example: it preserves vitamins and nutrients. - Use no more than 750 ml (6 glasses) of liquid. - Use the steam basket; put it on the trivet or suspend it from the rivets on the pan (depending on models) and take care that the food does not get immersed into the water.
Pressure-cooking times can be up to 3 times faster than in a traditional pot. Start with the recipes in the recipe/instruction book that came with your cooker. Once you understand the principles, they can be applied to other recipes. Be sure to include at least 250 ml (2 glasses) of liquid.
There are 2 methods: Slow release - gradually turn the programme selector to the steam position. This is used for stews, vegetable, joints of meat and fish dishes. Fast release - place the pressure cooker under a cold tap directing the flow of water onto the metal part of the lid. This is used for liquid based dishes such as soups, rice, pasta, milk puddings, egg custards, cake and pudding mixtures, recipes containing rice or pasta and recipes with a high liquid content, in order to avoid the liquid shooting out of the steam valve along with the steam when you release the pressure regulator valve.
When the pressure indicator is down, all pressure has been released.
During the first 5 minutes the absence of pressure is normal. The pressure cooker's temperature is still warming up. But if it still hasn't reached pressure after the first 5 to 10 mins then please check: • the fire is lit and the heat source is regulated to maximum; • the lid is properly closed; • the gasket is positioned correctly and is not dirty or warped; • you have enough water in the tank: 250ml (2 glasses) minimum; • the pressure switch is properly set (dependent on model); • the locking indicator or pressure indicator is not blocked (dependent on model); in any case, consult the user instruction booklet for your pressure cooker.
Before opening the cooker, be sure you have released all the steam and that the locking indicator pin is down. If you are sure all steam has been released, shake the product and see if the locking indicator pin or pressure indicator (depending on models) goes down. If it does not, run the cooker under cold water and try opening it again.
You can cook practically everything in a pressure cooker: You can prepare soups, cook meat, fish and vegetables and also create delicious desserts. For full recipe ideas, please refer to your pressure cooker recipe book or the Website.
• Switch off the heat source. • Let the pressure cooker cool down. • After opening your pressure cooker, check that all the steam has escaped and that the locking indicator is in its correct place (depending on model). • Check and clean all working parts and the state of the gasket. If the problem persists take your pressure cooker (all parts of it) to a recommended service centre.
Cooking begins when the pressure regulator valve allows steady release of steam, making a regular hissing noise, at this point turn the heat down and calculate the cooking time given in the recipe. With a Nutricook, a second ring tone warns to reduce the heat for an end-cooking of gentle steam.
Use suitable heat sources. Refer to the instructions for use for heat sources suitability. Models that feature our exclusive Diffusal base work extremely well on all types of cooking surfaces, including induction. Use a hob with a diameter equal to or less than the diameter of the base of the pressure cooker.
For cooking directly in the pan, always add a minimum quantity of liquid or at least equal to 2 glasses (25 cl or 8.8 UK fl oz). For steam cooking, pour 75 cl (26 UK fl oz) water into the bottom of the pan. Maximum filling: do not fill the pressure cooker above 2/3 the height of the pan. Warning: if the pressure cooker is heated without liquid inside, have it checked by an Approved Service Centre.
For cooking large pieces of meat and foods with a superficial skin (whole sausages, tongue, poultry...), we advise you to prick them before cooking with a knife or fork. Indeed, during cooking they may contain boiling liquid and generate splashes.
It is imperative to have your pressure cooker checked by an authorised service centre after 10 years of use.
WASH THE POT: • After each use, wash the pot, the basket and the seal with water and washing-up liquid. Do not use bleach or chlorinated products.
WASH THE LID (*according to the pressure cooker): • Wash your lid and gasket with a sponge and washing-up liquid separately. • Dry them and reposition the gasket in the lid. • Caution: Never run your timer underwater if you have one.
WASH THE LID AND MODULE* (*according to the pressure cooker): • After each use, it is advisable to remove the control module to wash it. • Turn the lid over and use a coin to unscrew the fixing nut of your module. • Wash your module and lid with a sponge and washing-up liquid. • Caution: never run your timer under water. • Refasten the module on the lid, make sure that the position switch is aligned with the "open pressure cooker" pictogram and that the jaws are pressed against the lid. Turn the assembly over and tighten the nut.
DISHWASHER: Depending on your model, the number of parts going into the dishwasher will be different. For some models, only the pot is dishwasher safe. For other models, only the pot and lid without the module will be dishwasher safe. For the ClipsoMinut' Duo model, none of the parts are dishwasher-safe. Note: No gasket, timer or module is dishwasher safe.
CHECK THE SECURITY DEVICES: 1) If you have a product with a removable module: When you clean the module, take the opportunity to check that your security devices are not obstructed. • Steam release outlet: check visually against light that the outlet is not obstructed. If it is, run it under water. • Check that the operating valve is movable by selecting the "vegetables" pictogram and pressing it. • Safety valve: press strongly with a cotton bud on the central part of the pipe which must be mobile. • The gasket: after each cooking operation, clean the gasket and its slot with a sponge and washing-up liquid. Replace it well in its slot.
2) For other products: • Operating valve: remove the valve, clean it under tap water. • Steam release outlet: check visually against light that the pipe is not obstructed. If it is, run it under water. • Safety valve: Press the valve lightly which should move easily. • The gasket: clean the gasket with a sponge and washing-up liquid after each cooking operation. Place it back properly in its slot. If you have a conventional pressure cooker, gently clean the visible part of the seal and the edge of the pot.
For aluminium models, repeat "using for the first time" operations with bicarbonate of soda (see your instructions). For Stainless steel models, clean the pan with a scouring pad and a specialised stainless steel cleaner. Never use bleach.
The gasket should be replaced every year. If the pressure cooker does not reach pressure and there is steam escaping around the lid, please check that the gasket is fitted correctly.
Replacing the gasket for clamp models (Pressure cooker, 'authentique' or 'Actua'): Remove the old gasket, make sure that the seal housing is clean. Install the new joint by pushing with your fingers in order to insert it in its space. To avoid damaging the gasket, do not use another object.
Replacing the gasket for other models: Remove the old gasket and replace it with the new one.
Yes, we recommend cleaning the lid gasket after cooking each time with a sponge and washing up liquid, and its housing for models with removable gasket. For removable gaskets, to put them back in place, make sure that the inscription "lid side" is against the lid.
• Make sure that the position switch is aligned with the "open pressure cooker" pictogram. • Check that the gasket is properly in place. • If you open/close your pressure cooker during cooking, apply light pressure to the centre of the lid to close it. • For ClipsoMinut'® pressure cooker models only, remove the gasket from your lid and run it under water. Put it back into the lid without wiping it off.
These are Torx screws. They have a notch and can be used with a flat-head screwdriver, so when a handle does become loose or the handle needs to be changed, you can use a flat-head screwdriver to tighten them. Torx screwdrivers are available for purchase in most DIY and hardware stores.
Check that there is no bulging, cracking or damage to the carbide on the handle. If there is no damage, please tighten the screws using a flat-head screwdriver. If there is damage, you will need to replace the handle.
When food items like rice which contain both protein and carbohydrates are cooked at high temperatures, the amino acids and sugar will separate and give a grey appearance. This will not have an impact on taste and is safe to eat.
Check the following elements: • Did you lower the heat when the steam control valve started to release steam continuously, producing a constant whistling sound? • Did you release steam after the cooking time? If you let the pressure cooker release steam itself without any decompression, food will continue to cook as the appliance will be under pressure. When the cooking time has ended, you should turn off the heat and release the steam. The cooking time depends on the quantities, size of the foodstuffs and your personal tastes.
Check that: • The heat source is strong enough, otherwise turn it up. • The amount of liquid in the tank is sufficient. • The operating valve is positioned on the 1/2 pictograms or on the ingredient pictograms. • The pressure cooker is properly closed. • There is no damage to the seal or the rim of the bowl. • The gasket is correctly positioned in the lid.
If the phenomenon persists: • Turn off the heat source. • Move the position switch to the pictogram where you can see steam escaping.
• Wait for the pressure presence indicator to come down. • Open your pressure cooker. • Clean the operating valve and the steam exhaust pipe.
Gradually switch from the pressure cooking position to the release position. If the projections persist (often the case with certain types of food: lentils...) return to the cooking position and make a fast release under cold water.
• Fill the cooker: minimum 250 ml of liquid, maximum 2/3 of its height or even less (depending on type of food and the recipe). • Close the pressure cooker: all our pressure cookers are designed so that if they are not properly closed the pressure cannot build up. • Cooking: the pressure cooker must be placed on a source of heat set to maximum. Then, within a few minutes, it reaches a temperature of over 100C (110C to 120C depending on the type or the position of the pressure regulator valve). The pressure regulator valve allows the steam to escape: the heat should then be turned down and the cooking time calculated. This operation allows an energy saving of up to 70 % compared with conventional cooking in water. • End of cooking, decompression: when the cooking time has lapsed, the heat source must be turned off and all the steam evacuated by putting the pressure regulator valve to the steam release position. The pressure cooker can now be opened. You can accelerate the release of steam from the pressure cooker by putting it under a stream of cold water.
If steam leaks out around the lid, check that: • the lid is properly closed; the seal is sitting correctly inside the lid, • is the seal dirty? If so, clean it; • the gasket is in good condition - don't forget to change it every year; • is the seal still suitable? • On Authentique models is the tightening sufficient? • Is the cover damaged or dented? • Are the lid, safety valve and pressure regulator clean? • Check the rim of the pressure cooker is not damaged.
The pressure cooker has several systems that guarantee perfect safety in operation. • Safe closing system (depending on models): The pressure cooker is equipped with a safety system that prevents any rise in pressure if the lid is not completely or properly closed. If the lid is incorrectly positioned, the safety system will prevent the locking indicator pin from rising and consequently pressure from building up. • Safe opening system (depending on models): If the pressure cooker is under pressure, the locking indicator pin is raised and prevents it from being opened. To allow the pin to drop, it is necessary to evacuate the pressure and only then is it possible to open the pressure cooker. Check the locking indicator pin or pressure indicator (depending on models) position. It must be in low position to be opened. • Safety with excess pressure: during cooking, should the steam outlet become blocked, the excess pressure safety systems will come into operation: 1) First stage: the safety valve releases the pressure. 2) Second stage: the gasket allows the pressure to be released between the lid and the pan. 3) Third stage (depending on models): the locking indicator pin rises above the handle and allows the pressure to be released vertically. To open your pressure cooker, after complete cooling, the locking indicator pin must be put into place.
• Check you have at least 250ml of liquid in the pot. • Check that the gasket is fitted correctly. Some models have a peg inside the lid that lines up with a little hole on the gasket. If the peg and hole are not lined up properly it will affect the pressure. • The gasket may be dirty, or it is warped and needs to be replaced. Gaskets should be replaced every year. • Check the regulator valve is clear and not blocked with any remnants of food. • Check that the rim of the pot is in good condition and the pot is not warped. • The regulating valve is not positioned correctly or the regulator is not in position 1 or 2 (depending on models). Refer to your instruction booklet for the method used with your specific model. • The heat is too low. Always use high heat to bring the cooker up to pressure. Once that has been done, and you get a strong flow of steam, lower the heat source to establish an even flow and start timing from this point. All recipes require the heat source to be lowered once pressure has been reached. • The locking indicator is stuck. This is a locking indicator pin or pressure indicator (depending on models) that rises when pressure builds inside the cooker and drops when it is released. If it does not rise, it may need to be cleaned. Refer to the booklet for cleaning instructions for your specific model. • Check you have fitted the lid correctly.
The pressure cooker is made to last and adjust to family development. Here are the recommended litre capacities: • for 1 to 4 people: 3 to 4.5 L • for 4 to 6 people: 6 L • for 6 to 8 people: 7.5 L to 8 L • for 7 to 10 people: 10 L
The pressure cooker allows boiling (foods are submerged in water with or without the basket) or steaming (foods are placed in the basket above the water mark). It may also be used to simmer or sauté before pressure cooking or even stewing with a lid but without a pressure increase.