Number of People
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5.
2. Crack and bash the unpeeled ginger, lemongrass and garlic bulb with the base of a large casserole pan, then place in the pan. Peel the shallots but keep them whole, then add to the pan with the chillies. Toss everything with 1 tablespoon of oil, then roast for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the oven, pour over the stock, then add the tomatoes (vines and all), kaffir lime leaves, porcini, vinegar and soy sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes over a medium-low heat on the hob, adding the mixed mushrooms and sweetcorn for the last 10 minutes.
4. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and divide between bowls.
5. Squeeze the lime juice into the broth, then have a taste and tweak with a little more soy sauce, if needed. Spoon the soup over the noodles and finish with the coriander leaves.
Veg by Jamie Oliver is published by Penguin Random House © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited (2019 Veg). Photography: David Loftus.