You start every day looking at your smartphone and drinking a warm coffee? You continuously postpone wake up time to stay in bed as long as possible? Then, Tefal coffee maker connected through a Bluetooth wireless connection to Coffee Connect app is made for you! Easy and convenient, you can enjoy all functions to start the day!
1. TIME SAVING - INTUITIVE PROGRAMMING: To make easier coffee programming from the app
3 modes :
Wake-up + Coffee : the app wakes you up and starts coffee cycle at the same time.
Coffee : the app starts coffee cycle at a chosen time
Wake-up : the app wakes you up at a chosen time. Up to 14 different programming (e.g. ”week”, “week-end”, etc...)
Coffee preparation reminder (the same day, or the day before) : to remind you to fill coffee maker with coffee and water
Airplane mode : programming done before switching to Airplane mode are saved by the coffee maker.
2. CONVIVIALITY - DIRECT COFFEE LAUNCH :
To surprise your family and friends, start the coffee cycle from the app and follow coffee cycle.
3. CONVENIENCE :
SOS Dosage : follow the guide to get the right dose of coffee to suit your taste. Select coffee strength and the number of cups desired, the app will indicate the amount of coffee and water necessary.
SOS Descale : Ajustable discaling indicator based on the hardness of your water to enjoy aromatic coffee day after day.
Wake-up Coffee mode
The app wakes you up and launch the coffee at the same time
The app starts the coffee cycle at a chosen time
The app wakes you up at a chosen time
10-15 cup coffee capacity
1.25L of warm coffee
Compatible with Bluetooth® Smart
Easy access to water tand and filter holder
Transparent visible water level at front for an easy coffee and water filling
The "Réveil Café" app was developed to function best with smartphones. It may be compatible with certain tablets, but may not deliver optimal functionality. We advise you to limit use to a compatible smartphone.
Yes. The last information registered by the coffee maker will be those transmitted by the last smartphone connected. Each user should therefore select the settings he or she desires while taking into account the expectations of other members of the household!
No. Bluetooth® should be activated to register or update the settings. However, once the settings have been registered or synchronised with the coffee maker, the data is stored. Therefore Bluetooth® does not need to be activated continuously.
The machine remembers the program settings validated during the last connection to a smartphone. When smartphone N°2 connects to the coffee maker (the Réveil Café app is open), it will inform the user of previously recorded programming. The user may then decide to: 1. Use the program settings of smartphone (N°2) by overwriting the program settings of the coffee maker 2. Or to save the program settings already recorded by the coffee maker; the program settings of smartphone N°2 will not be recorded by the coffee maker and will be greyed out on the app 3. Or to postpone sync to a later time
Yes. This can be done by syncing your app and the desired programme when you are connected to the coffee maker. In this way the device will save your programme settings immediately. You can also switch to offline mode and the coffee maker will activate coffee brewing at the time that was transmitted during the last sync. The app alarm is also activated since it is not linked to the Bluetooth connection but to the Réveil Café app. Note (if the connection is lost): –you cannot access the coffee maker's status (e.g.: on/off status of remote coffee brewing, the progress of the brewing cycle, etc.). –programme setting modifications are not saved by the coffee maker.
Yes. "Airplane" and "offline" mode eliminate interference between the smartphone and coffee maker but do not affect the programme settings that have already been saved. The coffee maker remembers your coffee programme settings and will activate them at the specified time. N.B. If your telephone is in silent mode, your alarm will not be activated.
No. The "Réveil Café" app functions on the basis of Bluetooth, or wireless communication technology at a distance of approximately 10 metres (depending on the thickness of walls, etc.). N.B. If you wish to create a programme setting in "offline" mode, you may do so by reconnecting to the coffee maker and indicating your new programme settings. In other words, you may remotely save the programmes that you must then sync during the next connection.
An Internet connection is required only to download and update the application, and sign in to my account. An Internet connection is not needed to use the connected feature of your product. There is no need to move your product closer to the access point (Internet router).
1. Remember to plug in your coffee maker and activate the Bluetooth® function on your smartphone. 2. Move closer to the coffee maker and start the app 3. Press down briefly on the coffee maker's "Prog" button The blue light will flash for no more than 20 seconds; during this time you should connect your coffee maker to your smartphone. 4. NB: After 20 seconds, the coffee maker is no longer in sync mode. If you were unable to connect during this time, repeat the operation or see the instructions.
Yes. The coffee maker has a lighted On/Off switch that allows it to work without the application. However, only the "Réveil Café" allows you to take advantage of this coffee maker's benefits (remote programming and coffee making, SOS dosage, etc.).
If you deactivate notifications the first time you use the app, you can access the acceptance screen for notifications via the MENU, within settings and then Cookies (Data sharing). They may be accepted at that time. And vice versa, if you accept them initially you may deactivate data sharing at any time.
If you press and hold down the PROG button on the coffee maker, the blue light will turn off (delete programme) and during the next sync between your smartphone and the coffee maker you will receive a message indicating that the programme settings in your coffee maker are different from the ones saved in your smartphone. You should therefore choose the programme settings that you wish to keep: those saved on your phone (the programmes that remain in your phone but are greyed out will be resaved in your coffee maker and become active again on your phone) or those on the coffee maker (which will reset programme settings to zero and deactivate the programmes on your phone).
If the programme settings on the coffee maker are erased by holding down the PROG button, each smartphone will receive notification during its next connection that the programme settings saved in the coffee maker are different from those saved in the smartphone. The user should choose which programmes to save: those on the phone (the programmes on the smartphone will be saved on the coffee maker during the connection) or those of the coffee maker (in which case the programme settings are reset to zero).
No. Your coffee maker can only be programmed via the app. The PROG button is used for: – pairing (it is flashing. See the chapter First connection in the instructions) – indicate if one or more programmes are saved (in which case the button is blue) – erase all programmes in the coffee maker: by pressing and holding down this button.
The application has rich content and requires a stable Wi-Fi connection to download correctly. If your application does not download correctly, delete it and try to download again when you have a more stable Wi-Fi connection. During initial installation, the download may take several minutes while the application saves all the photos on your Smartphone or tablet.
Cookies allow you to share recipes by email or on social networks (if this function is supported by your telephone or tablet). They are also very useful for learning what you like about the application in order to improve it in future.
Your application uses notifications to alert you at the end of cooking times using a beep. If you want to turn off this signal, simply deactivate it in your tablet or Smartphone. You may also disable sounds in the parameter settings for notifications on your telephone or tablet.
Your application uses notifications to alert you at the end of cooking times as well as to send you encouragement or information within the framework of coaching or to update you when new content (information, recipes, etc.) is available. If you wish, you may deactivate this feature in the application tab "My account", then "My preferences". Uncheck the box "receive notifications".
How often you descale your coffee maker depends on the hardness of the water and on how often you use your coffee maker. The following are tell-tell signs of scaling: the coffee making cycle takes longer, the appliance produces lots of steam, makes much more noise at the end of the cycle or stops during the cycle, this means that scale has built up in your coffee maker. You should descale your coffee maker between every 20 to 40 cycles or once a month depending on the hardness of the water.
Insulated carafes should never be put into the dishwasher! A plastic insulated carafe should be rinsed under hot water immediately after use. Never clean the carafe with a dishwashing brush or any other object as this may create hairline cracks that can cause the glass to implode. A brushed steel insulated carafe can easily be cleaned with a dishwashing brush or similar object, even inside.
Scale deposits naturally form in your coffee maker. Regular descaling helps protect your coffee maker and ensures it a longer life. It will also help maintain a quality of coffee that remains constant over time.
• The quantity of ground coffee is too large. We recommend using one measure of coffee (7 grams) per mug. • The ground coffee is too fine ('Espresso' type ground coffee). • If you use a permanent filter, do not use a paper filter as well. • Certain types of paper filter (to make full-bodied coffees) can prolong the time in which it takes for the water to pass through the filter and ultimately cause the water to overflow.
1. Move closer to the coffee maker 2. Make sure that Bluetooth is activated on your smartphone and that your smartphone is compatible (see the section "Installation Preparation") 3. Make sure the coffee maker is plugged in and that the electrical outlet is working properly 4. Open the Réveil Café app. If you have access to the screen "Connect with your coffee maker": i. Follow the instructions ii. Press the "Search" button on the app screen. Several options are possible: 1. Automatic connection 2. From the window "Request a Bluetooth connection": press "CONNECT"; you do not need the connection code 3. Notification: swipe down and press to activate the connection request window (refer to the step above) b. If you access the app directly, see Menu > Settings > Connect to your coffee maker i. Follow the instructions ii. Several options are possible: 1. Automatic connection 2. From the window "Request a Bluetooth connection": press "CONNECT"; you do not need the connection code 3. Notification: swipe down and press to activate the connection request window (refer to the step above) Note: Make sure you have the latest version of ANDROID™ on your Smartphone. Verify in Parameters > About your telephone > System update
1. Make sure your coffee maker is plugged in. 2. Move your smartphone closer to the coffee maker. 3. Follow the syncing procedure for your "Réveil Café" coffee maker. If you are still unable to connect, it is possible that another electronic device with an active Bluetooth® function within approximately 10 to 20 metres is interfering with the syncing process of your coffee maker. Ensure that the Bluetooth® function of smartphones or other tablets in the vicinity is deactivated before syncing with your coffee maker.
A programme setting is only saved by the coffee maker when the app and coffee maker are connected. If you have created a programme or changed a programme in "offline" mode, it will not be saved by the coffee maker.
Make sure that your alarm programme is activated and that your telephone is not in silent mode. N.B. Your alarm will activate even if you set your alarm to "airplane mode" or "offline mode" on your telephone. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the app.
1. A programme setting is only saved by the coffee maker when the app and coffee maker are connected and synced. If you have created a programme or changed a programme in "offline" mode and this new information has not been synced with the coffee maker, it will not be saved. 2. The coffee maker is not ready (water + filter + coffee). In this case, the coffee maker will activate at the programmed time and then, for security reasons, will deactivate since there is no water in the tank. 3. The coffee maker is not plugged in.
This is entirely dependent on taste: you can buy pre-ground coffee for filter machines from supermarkets in a variety of strengths and flavours, you can grind your own coffee beans or you can buy beans at a coffee shop and ask for them to be ground to filter consistency.